The rural town of Avon where the Birdseye Mercantile is located is a beautiful place to visit! Here are a few things to consider before making the drive out:
1. Avon is home to two regular, year-round businesses--the Birdseye Mercantile and the wonderful Avon Family Cafe! Make a day of it and come out to Avon for shopping, plus breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Great spot for coffee, comfort food, and fantastic cinnamon rolls! The Avon Cafe does have winter hours of 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM, but the rest of the year they're open until 8:00 PM.
2. The Little Blackfoot River winds its way alongside the town of Avon and is a great spot for fly-fishing!
3. Avon has very limited cell service, depending on your service provider.
4. Avon does not have a gas station; the nearest gas station is 9 miles away in Elliston.
5. The Birdseye Mercantile does not have a public restroom...so plan accordingly!